You’ve been coaching or riding for years with fantastic results for your athletes, and now you’re getting asked about strength training. Maybe you aren't sure what the best practices are or maybe it feels like strength training lies beyond your coaching experience or comfort level. No matter what, you know your athletes could benefit, and you may even be leaving money on the table.
Join Coach Menachem Brodie as he shares his 10+ years of experience working with athletes of all levels to build strength training plans, decrease risk of injury, return stronger from breaks, and boost performance at everything from local races to international, multi-day races. This program will take you from feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, and losing new coaching opportunities to delivering powerful programs that produce results your athletes can depend on.
National Strength Conditioning Association
1.2 CEU's (Category D) (2018-2020)
National Association of Sports Medicine
0.9 CEUs (2018)
- Long Term Athlete Development
- Long Term Athlete Development Challenges
- Case Studies
- The 5 Segments of Training FREE PREVIEW
- Special Considerations
- Cycling Anatomy
- Muscle Structure
- Types of Strength
- Types of Strength continued
- Quiz: New Path Forward and Cycling Anatomy
- Stages of Strength
- Stages of Adaptation to Strength Training
- Stages of Adaptation Part 2
- Desired Results from Strength Training
- How do we get desired results?
- HIIT is NOT the Answer
- What DOES your athlete need?
- Chapter Summary
- Quiz: Core Principles
- Suspension Trainer
- Selectorized Equipment
- Freemotion and Weight Stacks
- Quiz: Equipment
- Rotary Stability
- Single Leg and Labile Surface Training
- Quiz: The Fundamental Movements
- Mental Assessment Overview
- Movement Analysis: Full Body Movement
- Movement Analysis: Static Strength
- Movement Analysis: Trunk and Posture
- Movement Analysis: Hinge
- Movement Analysis: Rotary Stability, Power Production
- Movement Analysis: Weighted Variation of Full Body Movement
- Movement Analysis: Weighted Variation of Full Body Movement #2
- Movement Analysis: Upper Body Mobility & Stability
- Movement Analysis: Full Body Stability & Compensations
- Assessment Recap
- Why Do a Dynamic Warm Up?
- Before the Dynamic Warm Up: Foam Rolling
- Start General
- Gross Warm Up
- Targeted Warm Up
- Prepare for the Day
- Full Body Mobility
- Quiz: Movement Analysis and Dynamic Warm Up
- Where does strength fit into the Annual Training Plan? FREE PREVIEW
- How do we measure the intensity?
- Adjusting for fatigue and stress
- Increasing the difficulty
- Building your program
- Training year breakdown
- Designing a training plan
- 7 Rules of programming
- Course Resources
- Quiz: Programming
Mental Toughness for Injured Athletes
This course will provide you with the tools you need to regain your confidence and get back to the athlete you were (and even better than you were!) before your injury.
The Physiology of Endurance Training
In this introductory course WKO4 Product lead, Tim Cusick, discusses the basic principles and systems of human performance so coaches and self-coached athletes can better understand the physiology of the training athlete.
Introduction to Heart Rate Variability
This course will cover the principles of balancing training and other life stresses with recovery to maximize the ability for the body to adapt and get stronger.